How to get a job: officially + tips + ways
How to get a job? After all, despite the fact that the labor market has an abundance of vacancies, often job seekers are faced with a situation where the search is not crowned with success. It requires experience, a certain age or gender, skills, knowledge. Additional aspects are higher education and various skills.
Therefore, before starting the search, it is important to familiarize yourself with the criteria by which recruiters evaluate potential employees and calculate the nuances of this process.
Is it possible to find a job without experience
The question of how to get a job without experience is considered one of the most popular. Dozens of people are asking it on search engines, trying to find answers and reassure themselves. Most vacancies, especially if these are not narrow-profile positions, are also filled with zero experience.
Important! Having the right attitude plays a big role. The purpose of obtaining a vacancy in this case is the desire to gain experience and skills, and not a high salary.
The labor market becomes more and more flexible every year, recruiters meet the needs of potential employees. They evaluate not only experience and skills, but also the character of a person, his strengths and weaknesses, what benefits the company will bring. If all the positive qualities come together, yesterday’s unemployed person gets a suitable job.
Why employers require experience
Most of the vacancies are full of lines stating that experience is either mandatory or highly desirable.
This is supported by two significant factors:
- It will take time for a beginner to learn, and in famous companies every minute is money. A person without experience takes longer to master duties, delve into the essence of the matter, and become imbued with the policy of the enterprise.
- Not at every job there is an opportunity to allocate a person for training. Having a mentor speeds up the process, but employees already have a number of personal responsibilities that they will not neglect.
A profitable and easy situation for those who already have the skills, but at some point decided to change the company to a place with more comfortable conditions. Such an employee has available soft skills, the so-called “soft skills". The presence of such experience can interest the employer, the chances of getting the desired vacancy increase.
Also in the ranks of the lucky ones are those who want to go freelance. The practice of skills is combined with work, which allows you to gradually move from the usual place of work to a new area of development.
One day there comes a moment when thoughts about how to start working officially begin to haunt. More often, this happens to students or graduates who have been interrupted by temporary part-time jobs for several years.
It is worth highlighting a few important points.
Why do you need a formal job?
Knowing how to get a job officially, you can solve several bureaucratic problems at once.
Employment provides a person with the following benefits:
- full social package;
- availability of sick leave and vacation pay;
- maternity leave without losing your job;
- protection by the labor code from unpleasant situations.
Official employment gives certain obligations to both the employee and his employer. It also allows you to pay taxes and make contributions to the Pension Fund.
How to find a formal job
There are six proven options on which job seekers find vacancies on any conditions, with no or no experience.
Good companies change hands. Even leaving the place, employees continue to recommend the company to their friends and acquaintances. It is worth asking about the availability of vacancies and where to go for information about hiring.
The mutual provision of services strengthens relationships between people, do not neglect the opportunity to make acquaintances and maintain communication.
Attention! Asking for help is not a shame, such an approach provides additional benefits. The former employee should be asked about the team, conditions and nuances before going to the interview in order to assess whether it makes sense to respond to the offer.
A distinctive feature of this method is that it is not the employee who is looking for a suitable place here, but the employer is recruiting. The owner of the enterprise pays a recruitment agency to find the necessary candidates, and the applicant has the opportunity to leave a resume and wait for a call.
Important! At the present time, many scammers have appeared who, under the guise of a "recruitment agency", swindle people for money. They ask for an advance payment for the selection of suitable jobs, although in reality such companies act differently. You can’t pay people for promises.
If proposals are received based on a personal resume, there is no need to rush and immediately agree. Before announcing the answer, you should familiarize yourself with information about the place of work, the history of the enterprise and reviews on various portals. It is not uncommon for local community forums to discuss various companies and their conditions. This will help to get acquainted with the true stories of people who have already been in the enterprise.
Social media ads
Social networks are not only a source of entertainment. Employers and their staff members have work profiles from which they post ads looking for new faces. In order not to miss information from companies of interest, you should subscribe to their pages and regularly monitor the situation.
Also on the Internet there are former employees who, for some reason, decided to leave the place. It is easy to ask them directly about the reasons for leaving, working conditions and the attitude of the team towards newcomers.
job search websites
The safest option, on large sites there are moderators who always check new ads for authenticity.
On some platforms, you can directly find out the contacts of the employer or recruiter of the company, in other cases there is a platform for feedback. A potential employee leaves an application with a resume and his phone number. If everything suits the opposite side, they will contact the applicant and invite him for a personal conversation.
Such groups are easy to find on Facebook or VKontakte. Those who are in search and employers who wish to hire new faces in their team gather there. Communication takes place directly, there is a chance to exchange experiences with other people, or to stay apart and respond only to messages from companies.
Important! Some narrowly focused communities are closed, and you can get into them only by talking with a moderator or group manager. You should join them only if you really need work in this particular area.
Labor exchanges and employment centers
A well-known option for those who want to officially work. Employment centers take into account all those who want to find a job, view and offer options. Mandatory point: visiting all the proposed places. The applicant cannot refuse the offered vacancies. But after several such failures, he is removed from the register. Even if the direction of activity or the company is not to your liking, you will have to go there and be denied employment.
Each of the options is good in its own way for those who are looking for how to get a job officially. It makes sense to try all options. Especially if there is no specific work area or lack of experience. Only by trial and error can you find a suitable place.
If you can’t formally get a job
To get official employment, it is important to excel in an internship, show your best side and go through this procedure. But there are situations when a long search ends in failure every time or employers are in no hurry to document the cooperation of the two parties.
It is worth knowing why this happens:
- Misjudgment of one’s own abilities. If the owner of the enterprise did not immediately put him out of his place, it means that it is beneficial for him to keep the employee in some way. But he is in no hurry to apply for employment because he understands that this frame is not worth keeping him here on an ongoing basis.
- If such situations arise, you should immediately leave, but it is advisable to first discuss the situation directly with the employer. Perhaps there are other reasons for what is happening, which he will explain in a personal conversation.
- Insufficient activity. This applies to those who are still in search of official work. Sometimes two applications per day for vacancies are not enough to get a dream job will require more effort.
- In a competitive environment, you need to regularly monitor the job market and immediately leave applications for those of interest. Go to interviews and accept internships. Such an option sooner or later ends in success.
- High unemployment. In some cases, the absence of a job is not the fault of the applicant. If in a particular place of residence there are problems with finding a job at the global level, it will not be possible to change the situation on your own. It is worth either waiting until the situation improves, or go to where there are more jobs and opportunities.
- Lack of desire to work. Recruiters and company owners have a lot of experience dealing with different types of employees. In the first 10 minutes they can figure out a person without ambitions and special goals who is looking for a job just to have it. Enterprises are not interested in such personnel, because according to their policy, each employee benefits the company, moves it forward, and does not just come from call to call.
If subconsciously the applicant does not want to go to work, then he will not find a good place even if all conditions are met.
The charms in the form of a social package and various deductions do not attract everyone. Some workers hide for personal reasons, others simply do not want to go to the official level of employment and pay taxes.
Whatever the situation, you should know how to get a job informally.
What is informal work
Informal work is the relationship between an employer and an employee without documentary evidence, or on the basis of an employment contract.
This type of work has several significant differences from the opposite:
- The person performs all work duties, but the agreements, rights and remuneration scheme are confirmed only by verbal promises;
- Documentally, the employee is not on the staff, in legal terms, he has nothing to do with the enterprise and is not responsible;
- The work book remains without a record of the place of work, employers do not mark places where the person was not even listed.
- All payments occur in the use of the main accounting department.
Important! Such a business relationship is a risk for both parties. The absence of documentary evidence of cooperation removes obligations, so if the employer or employee turns out to be unscrupulous individuals, it will be impossible to achieve legal protection.
Where and how to find informal work
It is useless to look for it through legal channels: it is pointless to contact employment centers and labor exchanges. The main criterion there is the mandatory employment of an employee registered with them.
It remains to consider more anonymous options.
Search job sites
There are no fewer such vacancies than those that offer a social package. Some companies cooperate only on a gray or black salary, all of their employees are not officially listed anywhere. At the same time, wages in this case are even higher than in other enterprises.
When the work does not require official confirmation, personnel officers look for new faces through social networks, posting vacancies in local public groups. It is impossible to check the safety of such offers in advance; you will have to act at your own peril and risk.
However, dozens of people found work in a similar way, as evidenced by numerous reviews on the Internet.
Help from friends
Perhaps acquaintances or relatives have a person who is recruiting new people to his team. Business owners often use word of mouth to find informal workers. This method almost always allows you to find a couple of people who want to try their hand and do an internship.
Basically, these enterprises cooperate only with large companies, which it is unofficially impossible to get into. But if you find a small agency, there are offers from small or new enterprises that want to find people without formalizing cooperation.
It’s easier to get an informal job. Most employers are not too interested in applying for employment. If the employee himself does not express a desire, then they cooperate on verbal obligations for several more years.
Finding a job while pregnant
There are situations when circumstances force a woman to look for a new job. The question of how to get a job while pregnant is considered relevant, despite the fact that most employers are unwilling to cooperate on such conditions.
This is due to several factors:
- the pregnant girl will soon go on maternity leave and the employer will have to look for a new staff again;
- pregnant women need mild working conditions, loyal requirements are made to them;
- denial of employment is impossible if a woman who is on demolitions wishes to arrange cooperation, the employer is obliged to do this. Otherwise, he faces fines and other sanctions.
Therefore, not every business owner is ready to take such a risk, it is not always justified. It is possible to find work during pregnancy, but you will have to be prepared for various difficulties.
Getting a job during pregnancy is not difficult if you know where to apply. Private enterprises in most cases refuse such applicants. For reasons that in the future they will have to pay maternity leave, and this is an extra expense, according to entrepreneurs.
Such an employer will find a dozen reasons to cut off possible business relationships already at the interview stage.
If there is a need to find a new job, it will not be superfluous to contact state and municipal institutions. In them, the probability of getting an official job before the decree is higher than in other places.
In addition, if a new employee manages to establish herself as a valuable person, she can be kept in her place for the period of the decree. This greatly facilitates the question of where to go to work when the child has already grown up.
Where to apply for protection of rights
If potential employers refuse an applicant only on the basis of pregnancy, ignoring her education, work experience and other advantages, she has the right to apply to the labor inspectorate for the protection of her rights.
The legislation has dozens of clauses that protect girls in a special period of time. But in practice, rights are often violated, so you should not be afraid to defend them.
The easiest way to find a job while pregnant
Those who try to do it through acquaintances are more likely to get a job. Recommendations from people make it easier to get a job. Especially if a friend or comrade of the employer says the word. Few people scatter valuable employees, and even pregnancy does not become an obstacle to full-fledged work, if health allows.
Before starting the search, it is worth assessing your condition. Some girls are so eager to get to work faster that they do not take into account the health problems that arose during pregnancy, as well as severe fatigue. If the vacancy involves physical labor or a long stay on your feet, soon work for wear and tear will seriously affect your health.
Attention! In order not to be deceived, you should carefully study the conditions provided and go only to trusted places. Most entrepreneurs ignore the need for formal employment in order to save on deductions. In this situation, all the legal protection of a pregnant woman is lost, and the owner of the company has every chance to set his own conditions without the possibility of challenging them. Nothing prevents you from leaving in the event of a controversial situation, but there is a risk of being left without payment of earned funds.
Top tips for getting a job
These factors help employees increase their chances of getting a good job:
- Smart resume. If the search goes through recruitment agencies or large sites, you cannot do without good advertising of yourself and your abilities. It is important that it be honest, it is unacceptable to embellish reality. Each employer will eventually understand that the applicant was trying to impersonate someone other than who he really is.
- Activity. Only active searches sooner or later lead to success. The “work will find me” principle does not apply here. Regular responses to available vacancies, interviewing friends and acquaintances, monitoring social networks eventually leads to the desired employment.
- Competent assessment of one’s own capabilities. Everyone wants a job with a high salary and comfortable conditions. But before applying to tempting vacancies, it is important to conduct an assessment. How valuable an employee will be a particular person. What is it about him that allows him to apply for this position. Sometimes it makes sense to settle for small things and gradually grow as a specialist.
- Thorough check of the enterprise. Regardless of which principle of operation has been chosen, as much information as possible should be found before going to the site. This will save you from unpleasant situations. After all, if the company managed to distinguish itself from the negative side, there will certainly be notes on the Internet about this.
Finding a job can sometimes be challenging without a hint of fun. But in most cases, a good vacancy itself does not come to hand. You will have to make an effort to continue working in your favorite place.