Statistics show that over the past year, the number of residents recently working remotely has increased by more than 10%. There are several reasons why more and more people begin to earn income on the Internet. The main one is the lack of attachment to the office. A specialist working remotely can perform his labor duties in any place convenient for him.
At the same time, he himself builds a schedule, determines weekends and vacation dates. An important factor was the higher wages. Thanks to the work on the Internet, residents of provincial cities can earn income commensurate with capital earnings. One of the most popular online jobs today is SEO.
SEO-optimizer: who is it and what are its main responsibilities?
Working as an SEO-optimizer remains one of the highest paid Internet professions for a reason. Such a specialist is engaged in activities to promote web pages. Its main goal is to increase website traffic and, consequently, increase the number of regular visitors. As a result of the competent work of the optimizer, it is possible to increase the profit of the customer company.
The main responsibilities of an SEO specialist include:
- Development and implementation of campaigns aimed at optimizing a web resource, promoting this site on the Internet through various channels;
- Selection and analysis of key queries for a web resource;
- Carrying out activities to increase the rating of the site on the Internet;
- Tracking changes in search algorithms and adapting web pages to these innovations.
In addition, the SEO specialist should regularly prepare reports on the work done. When writing such documents, the employee is required to indicate how the following has changed:
- Website ranking in search results;
- Sales volumes;
- Sources of attracting visitors and their number for a specified period of time.
How to find a job as an SEO optimizer?
Getting a job in SEO-optimization in Moscow is not so difficult. There are several ways to search for jobs. The most effective methods include:
- Freelance exchanges. These are sites designed specifically for professionals working remotely. There, customers regularly submit tasks, including optimization of web pages. The disadvantage of exchanges is that they are not suitable for beginners. When choosing a contractor, employers look at the user rating and evaluate the portfolio. Also, to search for orders on some exchanges, you need to purchase different tariff plans.
- Specialized groups in social networks. Search using this method is almost similar to the previous one. The only difference is that you don’t need to subscribe to use it.
- Sites for job search. Most of the offers on such web resources offer work duties in the office, but there are also vacancies for remote workers.
Before you make the first money on SEO, you need to master the knowledge and skills, without which it will not be possible to push the site to a leading position in search engines.
Due to the fact that the number of companies wishing to promote a web resource in search results is increasing daily, the demand for SEO optimizers is also growing. Therefore, the number of online courses where you can learn to become a SEO specialist already exceeds several dozen. The most effective of them include:
- SEO-optimizer from Convert Monster. The instructors of the course are practicing website promotion experts. They show how to attract traffic using examples of their own projects (they have optimized more than 60 web resources).
- SEO specialist from Skillbox. The program is suitable for those who want to learn the basics of marketing on the Internet. The peculiarity of the course is that classes here are held not only online, but also offline. Students, together with teachers, visit the offices of the largest companies, they are advised on their future work. Upon completion of the course, graduates receive a guarantee of employment. You can pay for classes before the start of classes or after you get a job.
- Course "SEO-specialist" from the University of Internet Professions "Netology". The classes last for three months. During this time, students will be taught how to competently compose the semantic core and how to form the structure of a web resource. Students will also learn about the technical aspects of website development and get acquainted with the basics of working on content. Lectures are conducted by experts who hold positions of top managers in many marketing agencies.
- SEO-optimization and site promotion for beginners from Lectures and seminars are held for 5 weeks, classes are held in the evening. After completing the course, the user will learn how to perform a technical audit, what stages SEO promotion consists of, how external and internal optimization works.
How to increase earnings as an SEO-optimizer?
Due to increased competition, even qualified site promotion specialists cannot increase their income for months. To raise your salary, you should:
- Learn how to write terms of reference for programmers, web designers, copywriters and other persons involved in website promotion.
- Understand the basics of related professions. With an increase in the number of skills, the quality of technical audit and direct promotion increases. This leads to an increase in the cost of SEO services.
- Establish a connection with the customer. It is worth learning how to explain the nuances of SEO optimization in an accessible way.
- Learn management. A web resource optimization expert must be able to get along with other employees. Otherwise, it will be difficult to achieve your goals.
It turns out that getting a job as an SEO optimizer is not so difficult. To do this, you just need to select the appropriate courses and fill in the portfolio. The salary of a SEO specialist depends on qualifications. The main thing is to be confident in yourself and set clear goals.